The Sumvision Apex Adaptor USB 3.0 PCI-E Card allows you to upgrade your USB 2.0 High Speed to USB 3.0 Superspeed 4.8 Mbps transfer speed.
It is not only an upgrade to USB 3.0, but also backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1. You can start saving time from transferring large files and enjoy Superspeed USB 3.0 on your PC today with the Sumvision Apex Adaptor USB 3.0 PCI-E Card.
Sumvision Apex Adaptor USB 3.0 PCI-E Card Features
- USB 3.0 PCI-Express controller card with two ports
- NEC USB 3.0 controller chipset
- Single lane (x1) PCI-Express interface
- Throughput rate of up to 5Gbps
- Supports simultaneous operation of multiple USB 3.0
- USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices
- Built-in 4-pin power connecter for receiving extra power from the system
- Supports Superspeed (5Gbps)
- High Speed (480Mbps)
- Full Speed (12Mbps) and low speed (1.5Mbps) data transfer rates
- Supports Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit
- Vista 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.
Sumvision Apex Adaptor USB 3.0 PCI-E Card Specifications
NEC USB 3.0 controller chipset
Single lane (x1) PCI-Express
2 x USB 3.0
Data Transfer Rate
USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps* /USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps* / USB 1.1 up to 12Mbps*
Built-in 4-pin power connector for extra power
Windows XP 32-bit / 64-bit / Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit /Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
The new Superspeed USB 3.0 is the next generation of universal serial bus that enhances the communication between host computers and the peripheral devices. USB 3.0 is going to co-exist with USB 2.0. USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices are compatible with USB 3.0 ports and connectors. However, they will not achieve USB 3.0 speeds or take advantage of USB 3.0 features. Windows 7 and Linux 2.6.31 plan to support USB 3.0 natively. All other operating systems are going to have drivers or updates in the future to support it.
Features of USB 3.0:
* Higher transfer rate (upto 4.8 GBS)
* Increased maximum bus power and increased device current draw to satisfy the need of those devices that require more power.
* Better power management feature to reduce active and idle power requirements.
* Full-duplex data transfers and support for new transfer types.
* New backward compatible cable and connectors to support higher data transfer.